Monday, September 4, 2006

I was going through my files...


I attend a lot of craftshows and receive a lot of mail from craftsman and artisans. It can pile up and I was using this Labor Day weekend to cull through the piles of postcards and brochures.


I was going through these when I ran across information from three different handmade furniture companies, all of whom do really beautiful work. The Van Meter Table Company is based on Cape Cod. They create everything from cutting board to chess boards to beautiful contemporary furniture with a classic feel.



Also in Massachusetts is Joel Liebman Furniture Designs. "Designs" is the operative word. You won't find designs like this in many present day shops. The Art Deco era is alive and well and still an inspiration, clearly.




And finally, there is Rick Moran of Moran Woodworks, also based on Cape Cod. His contemporary takes on traditional Shaker designs are just glorious. His website photos don't do justice to what this furniture is like in person.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com